The Masked Singer WILL continue filming after production was shut down due to a coronavirus outbreak just hours before the finale taping

The Masked Singer is set to resume filming, more than two weeks after production was shut down in Melbourne following a coronavirus outbreak on set. 

The Channel 10 singing show had been forced into lockdown on August 22, just hours before the grand finale was scheduled to take place.

But according to PerthNow on Monday, the Osher Günsberg-hosted program has been given the all-clear to go ahead with filming the last episode.

Back to business: The Masked Singer is set to resume filming, more than two weeks after production was shut down in Melbourne following a coronavirus outbreak on set. Pictured: judge Dannii Minogue

While Channel 10 is yet to confirm an exact filming date, the quarantine period for those involved in the series finished over the weekend.

Production had stopped last month just hours before the show’s finale was set to be taped. The rest of the season had already been recorded.

The long-awaited finale will air on September 14, with the final four contestants being Bushranger, Puppet, Frillneck and Queen.

Shutdown: The Channel 10 singing show had been forced into lockdown on August 22, just hours before the grand finale was scheduled to take place. Pictured: The Masked Singer characters Frillneck, Queen, Bushranger and Puppet

Seven dancers tested positive for COVID-19 on August 22, and the show’s stars – including judges Dannii Minogue, Dave Hughes, Urzila Carlson and Jackie ‘O’ Henderson – were ordered to self-isolate immediately.

Host Osher Günsberg and the production team were also told to self-isolate after the outbreak, which coincided with a deadly second wave of the virus in Melbourne.

‘Production on The Masked Singer has been immediately suspended as a result of several crew members receiving a positive test result for COVID-19,’ Channel 10 said in a statement at the time. 

All-clear: While Channel 10 is yet to confirm an exact filming date, the quarantine period for those involved in the series finished over the weekend. Pictured: host Osher Günsberg

‘The health and safety of the community, and our staff and production partners is our number one priority.

‘The entire production team, including the masked singers, the host and panellists are now in self-isolation. They are all being monitored closely and are in constant contact with medical authorities.

‘Network 10 is working closely with the Victorian Government and the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services. Network 10 is providing all crew with all the support and assistance possible.’   

COVID crisis: Seven dancers tested positive for COVID-19 on August 22, and the show’s stars – including judges Dannii Minogue (left), Dave Hughes (right), Urzila Carlson (second from right_ and Jackie ‘O’ Henderson (centre) – were ordered to self-isolate immediately

Share or comment on this article:



Source link